So i got this in my inbox the other day...too bad am a physiotherapist and not a nutritionist..at least its the closest thing I've seen so far. Keeping fingers crossed for something in cardiac rehab or pulmonary rehab and etc...preferably in Ghana or Cameroon or any french speaking African nation for that matter.
Bon c'est parti...here is the link to job info
Application Deadline May 22 2012
Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/12-0012574
Step 1: Create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this
Qualifications & Experience Required
• University degree, preferably at the advanced level, in Nutrition, International
Health & Nutrition, Public Health & Nutrition Policy and Management, Family Health
& Nutrition, Food Security, Food Technology or other related fields.
• At least 3 years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience
in nutrition, public health management, development projects, emergency
assistance, and/or operational aspects of national, bilateral or multilateral food aid
or commercial transactions;
• Experience in nutrition survey methodologies, nutrition assessment and relevant
• Food security and multisector programme knowledge and experience are
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
• Strong knowledge of nutrition and recent developments in the field;
• Knowledge of sound research methods and monitoring and evaluation standards;
• Understanding of donor policies, strategies, and programme priorities;
• Advanced computer skills with at least intermediate proficiency in windows based
word processing, spreadsheet and nutrition/public health software (i.e. EPI Info);
• General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures
governing administration is highly desirable;
• In-depth knowledge of relevant field of specialization (nutrition, public health,
development or other) is an asset;
• Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative health/nutrition survey techniques is
an added value.
• WFP’s core competencies for professionals include action management,
communication skills, teamwork and high standards of ethics and values.
• Working knowledge of English and intermediate knowledge of another UN official
language (Arabic, French, Spanish, Russian or Chinese) or Portuguese as a WFP